Prof. Vygandas Rutkūnas, DDS, PhD
Education and experience
1995–2000: undergraduate studies, Kaunas Medical University, Faculty of Dentistry
2000–2002: editor, dental journal “Stominfo”
2001–: private practice
2002: Japan government scholarship in Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
2002–2004: postgraduate studies in Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Department of Masticatory Function Rehabilitation, Japan Head of course: doc. H. Mizutani, prof. T. Ohyama.
2004 study “Retentive force properties of overdenture attachments during various dislodging patterns” was awarded the A.R. Frechette 2004 New Investigator Award in the IADR (International Association for Dental Research) meeting in Honolulu, HI, USA
2004: secondary residency in prosthodontics in Vilnius University Institute of Dentistry
2004–: prosthodontist, Vilnius University Center of Stomatognathic Prosthodontics and Physiology
2004–: assistant professor, Vilnius University Center of Stomatognathic Prosthodontics and Physiology
2006–: curator of education events for dentists in Lithuania and other countries
2006: doctor’s degree in biomedical sciences, field of dentistry (PhD)
2006–: head of Department of Prosthodontics, Vilnius University, Institute of Dentistry and Vilnius University Žalgirio Clinic
2009–: associate professor, Vilnius University, Institute of Dentistry.
Scientific monographs, studies, fundamental and original theoretical research
- Co-author, “New Magnetic Applications in Clinical Dentistry”. 2004. Quintessence Publishing Co. Tokyo.
- Co-author, “Klinikinė odontologija”. 2008. UAB “Vaistų žinios“.
- Co-author, “Gydytojo odontologo padėjėjo veikla: teorija ir praktika”. 2008. UAB “Vaistų žinios“. Vilnius.
- Co-author, “Burnos higienisto veikla: teorija ir praktika”. UAB “Vaistų žinios“. Vilnius.
- Co-author, “Dantų technologija: teorija ir praktika”. UAB “Vaistų žinios“. Vilnius.
- Co-author. Kwang B. Park, Kyung H. Roo, Cheol W. Jeong. „The Short Implant“ 2nd edition. 2010. Narae Publishing Inc., Seoul.
International conference publications in the ISI list.
Studies in peer-reviewed periodic and continuous international and local journals, including on-line journals.